Saturday, October 18, 2008

The King Cobra & The Crocodile


Once upon a time, a King Cobra, called ba Mike, wanted to cross the river. Most King Cobras can swim, but ba Mike had missed the swimming lessons at Basic school. A Crocodile, called Fred was surfing along the river bank looking for something to do. ba Mike called to Fred and said, "Hey, Freddie, give me a lift across the river there are some tasty snacks in those trees that I will share with you !" "No way, ba Mike!" replied the weary Croc! "Why?" asked ba Mike.

"Well, everybody knows, King Cobras bite, and it is poisonous!" responded Freddie "Oh, no! No!" said ba Mike, who was anxious to cross the river. "Everybody knows that I am afraid of water, and cannot swim and we will drown!" replied ba Mike, "Why would I do such a stupid thing!".


Fred thought for a while, and realized it was true! "He will die, if he bites me! And I can’t wait to taste those juicy snacks up in the trees!" He thought! So he asked ba Mike to hop on his back. Half-way across the river, the Crocodile felt the deadly painful bite from the King Cobra.

His last words, "Hey, ba Mike, why did you do that?" "Sorry, I just couldn't help it, I am a King Cobra!" replied ba Mike as they both drown in the water.

Moral of the story: Zambia do not get bitten!

No comments: